Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Little Star with a Big Attitude

 Susanna Leonard Hill's

Mix 'n' Match #4

https://susannahill.com/2021/05/31/2021-mix-n-match-mini-writing-challenge-week-4/


Little Star with a Big Attitude

by Elizabeth Muster



Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Hey, who are you calling little?

I’m not little. Blackberries are little.

I rival the size of your planet, Earthling.


How I wonder what you are.

What am I? What are you?

I’m simple. Hydrogen and helium.

You’re bunch of mixed up elements.


Up above the world so high.

True. I’m light-years away from you.

Even a spaceship couldn’t reach me.

I’m so much farther away than the moon.


Like a diamond in the sky.

Okay, I get it. I light up. You don’t.

I’m not a gem in a necklace.

I shine because I'm nuclear.


Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

All right, all right. I twinkle. I’m a star.

Sing a song about me if you want.

But if you want a wish, go pluck a daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment