Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Wanda Witch

Wanda Witch

This (very short) story is for Susanna Leonard Hill's 9th Annual Halloweensie Writing Contest.  You can find out more about the contest here: https://susannahill.com/category/halloweensie-contest/


Wanda Witch’s Win-Win

“Oh, my,” wailed Wanda Witch. “These cobwebs make my house look haunted!”


Wanda swept until her abode was spotless. The next morning, the webs reappeared. Was it a trick?


Wanda sprayed magic web-away potion. Spiders skedaddled, but mosquitoes started biting.


While taking a walk, Wanda encountered an eight-legged friend. “What’s happening?” she asked. 


“You ruined my friends’ mosquito-catching nets,” replied the spider.


“Let’s make a deal,” said Wanda. “Your friends can catch my mosquitoes if they help me decorate.”


The spiders wove welcome signs. Every trick-or-treater oohed and aahed over Wanda’s cobweb decorations. And the spiders were happy and full. 

1 comment:

  1. Something tells me that the mosquitoes are the losers in this story, LOL. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete