Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Cupid’s Curious Conundrum

Cupid’s Curious Conundrum

For the 5th Annual Valentiny Writing Contest

By Elizabeth LaGrange Muster

Word Count 213





It was February 13th, and Cupid ached all over. He had a fever. He had the flu. 


Who could he find to save Valentine’s Day with speed and stealth on such short notice? 


Cupid dialed the North Pole. “Of course I can,” Santa said. “Red’s my favorite color.”


“Actually,” Cupid coughed. “You must wear a diaper and sash.”


“Oh, no, no,” Santa retorted. “I’ve cut back on the cookies, but that would look too...um, curious.”


“Well, then,” Cupid said. “I wonder about Easter Bunny.” 


The rabbit said he could skip a day painting eggs. He agreed to wear the costume over his fur. But how would his paws hold the bow and arrow? 


Next Cupid dialed Tooth Fairy. She was small. She was fast. She was perfect for the job. 


However, she refused to deliver candy. “Too much sugar equals too many cavities. I’d be overworked, and I’d go broke.”


Cupid sniffed. “Let’s make this a conference call.” 


With all his friends now on the line, Cupid explained. “I need Santa to deliver the candy. Easter Bunny can make valentines. And Tooth Fairy, you will fly around with the bow and arrow.”


They all agreed. In fact, from then on they helped each other. Working together made the holidays even more special. 

7 comments:

  1. Great solution to a fun story. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story! I love all the character's cute comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! I'm still laughing at the image in my head of Santa wearing a diaper and sash. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the holiday mashup! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever and fun story. Nothing beats teamwork! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, creative, and fun, Elizabeth! What perfect reasons for each of the other holiday heroes to back away from being Cupid! I like that teamwork was the solution! Thanks for joining in the Valentiny fun!

    ReplyDelete