Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sometimes, some things

Sometimes I am too tired to sleep

Too worried about things I've said
or maybe its the things I didn't say
Thoughts bottled up inside my head
Flitter like fireflies in a mason jar

Too anxious about things I haven't done
errands that must be done tomorrow
items to check off my list, maybe some tasks
that aren't intended for me to complete

Too excited about the possibilities
of what more I could become
if I set my doubts free, of the place 
I could go if I let myself explore

Too overwhelmed by 
all of life's uncertainties
of dreams that could become reality
if only I wasn't too tired to sleep.


This is my second installment of today's prompt, written around 1:00 this morning.  Probably should have just put it in my reader's notebook, but that's still on the bookshelf in the cellophane, and my iPad was right next to the bed.

1 comment:

  1. hi. i just stumbled on your blog and i must say you seem like a natural poet. i'm not sure if we have much in common, but i'll be following your blog in the hopes of seeing more gems like this.
    peace, love and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete