Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes
when I yearn for solitude
What I need most
is the laughter of a friend.

Sometimes
when no one is listening
I realize it is because
I haven't spoken.

Sometimes
when I am bored
I'm actually avoiding
what needs to be done.

Sometimes
when it seems no one understands
I find a thousand others
with similar hopes and fears.

Sometimes
when hope's feather
flutters in the breeze
A new adventure
is about to take flight.



I wrote this in response for today's Teachers Write post.  It didn't really follow the prompt, which was to create sensory details about a place, starting with the words "Sometimes".  Well, I got one part of it right.  As teachers we need to remember that just because a student doesn't follow directions exactly doesn't necessarily mean he/she is being defiant...maybe he/she is being creative.










No comments:

Post a Comment